Liddle Kidz Foundation is proud to partner with Each One Counts Foundation to bring the nurturing benefits of touch therapy to children in hospice and palliative care.
Our goal is to provide education and support to healthcare providers who wish to provide pediatric massage therapy to children in palliative care.
In order to help facilitate this program, we have the opportunity to provide some full paid scholarships, on a first come, first served basis, to healthcare staff to attend CPMT – pediatric massage certification courses.
Those who meet eligibility requirements, may attend at any location and contact Liddle Kidz Foundation for registration and scholarship details.
You are welcome to share this information with any colleagues, in other location, to help ensure these scholarships are allocated and used by those caring for children in long term care, end-of-life, palliative & hospice settings.
Liddle Kidz Foundation is approved by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), CA Board of Registered Nursing, AOTA, PT Board of California and we will have the ability to provide CEUs to those who attend these courses.
CEUs will also be provided at no cost.
(click on the training that you would like to attend)
Qualified healthcare professionals (participants), will apply for a scholarship to attend the pediatric massage certification (CPMT) training course offered by the Liddle Kidz Foundation.
Once approved for an Each One Counts Foundation (EOCF) scholarship, qualified participants will attend the 2-day training course, complete after course requirements and receive pediatric massage certification. In exchange for an EOCF pediatric massage course scholarship, participants will complete 50 hours of care for children in palliative/hospice care and report this service to EOCF.
- Participant will be a healthcare professional qualified to work in a “hands-on” capacity with children (pediatric patients)
- Participant will have access to providing pediatric massage to children who qualify as palliative/hospice care patients
- Participant will be asked to perform hands-on pediatric massage, and education for parents, as applicable in palliative and hospice care settings
- Participant will perform 50 hours of service over the course of 12 months following their training (these hours may be completed under their current scope of practice)
- Participant will complete pediatric massage log to document hours and return completed forms to Each One Counts Foundation on a monthly basis
- Pediatric massage training is offered internationally at numerous locations.
- Participant may apply for any course open to public registration, or hosted by the Each One Counts Foundation
Ms. Allen managed the nation’s first comprehensive pediatric massage program at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA), where she trained volunteer massage therapists and medical professionals to work with hospitalized Rehabilitation patients, medically complex infants in the Center for Newborn and Infant Critical Care (CNICC), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Children with Retinoblastoma, Spina Bifida and Cerebral Palsy.
She developed pediatric massage programs at Mattel Children’s Hospital at UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, as well as developed a program focusing on introducing gentle compassionate touch to women and children who have survived domestic abuse.
She is currently consulting on the development of comprehensive pediatric massage programs for The Mayo Clinic, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Shriner’s Hospital and Sutton Children’s Medical Center. Full Bio
If you are a healthcare provider working with children in palliative and/or hospice care, who is licensed to touch, and you wish to bring nurturing care to children and their families, please contact us to learn more about becoming part of this important work.
LiddleKidz.com / Our main site features educational articles, course information and interactive services
LiddleKidz.org / a special website focused on our work with children in orphanages all over the globe. Get involved and become a volunteer.