About the Trainer | Tuition & Registration | Training Includes | Who Should Attend | Certification Process | CEH | CEU
The Hospital Based Massage Therapy Certification is an advanced training course designed as an adjunct to the CPMT – Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist course, and aids healthcare providers to advance their skills for better care of children and families using pediatric massage and touch therapies inside a hospital/healthcare setting. In the comprehensive Pediatric Massage Training, health care professionals will learn and practice advanced techniques which will enhance their skills.
Through this advanced training, participants learn to provide massage therapy, nurturing touch techniques, range of motion and touch therapy for children who are inpatients in a medical/hospital setting or are receiving care in out patient medical settings.
Participants will learn about collaboration and interaction as part of an integrative medical team. Know the role of the pediatric massage therapist, reporting, procedures, guidelines and appropriate ethics/boundaries in a clinical healthcare setting. Learn about other healthcare team members and how we work together to provide best care for children and families in the hospital setting.
In this course, learn how to chart/document massage therapy interventions using hospital based guidelines, and appropriateness for Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Experience time in the hospital setting and see how the hospital based massage therapy and integrative medicine programs work within a clinical setting.
Spend a day focusing on pain management, with specific learning of assessment tools, addressing acute and chronic pain and how to treat the patient with best care providing non-pharmacological approaches to pain management per the Hospital Joint Commission (JCHAO) Guidelines.
Learn how to locate pediatric massage therapy based, and applicable, research studies, how to read and comprehend them, and how to perform a case study professionally.
Marketing for the purpose of promoting your professional practice to a healthcare/hospital setting, and while you are working with the healthcare team. Once a program begins, the marketing doesn't stop. Learn how to present to inter-professional teams of healthcare staff through in-service presentations on pediatric massage therapy, prepare for grand rounds with collaborating physicians and share education with parents through hospital based pediatric massage lessons for guardians.
Working in a hospital is very stressful, and self-care is key to longevity. Learn new tools for self-care and recognizing when you need to take a break. Prevent compassion fatigue and burnout with tools you can use in a few minutes or longer sessions.
- Attendance and completion of in-class portion of Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist (CPMT) is required prior to attending the Hospital Based Massage Therapy for Liddle Kidz. You may enroll in the CPMT Course and Hospital Based Massage Therapy for Liddle Kidz Course at the same time, and attend over consecutive days.
- If you currently work in a hospital/healthcare setting, but have not yet completed the Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist (CPMT), please contact us to discuss options of completing certification prerequisites, and for course attendance approval.
- You must already be certified, or licensed to touch, prior to attending this course. Proof of certification, or license to touch, is required in addition to your registration form, and course fees, in order to attend this course. Examples of certification and/or license to touch include: Massage Therapy Certification/License, Nursing License, Physician License, Physical or Occupational Therapist License.
- Other certifications may qualify you to attend course, please inquire.
✪ Enjoy a professional networking lunch sponsored by the Liddle Kidz Foundation with Tina Allen. Together you'll share lots of time for conversation and collaboration. ✪
- Pediatric massage techniques and methodology
- Massage Stroke Adaptations for children who have been hospitalized
- Learn how to effectively collaborate and interact in your role as an effective part of an integrative medial team
- Reporting and procedural guidelines
- Appropriate ethics and boundaries for those working in a healthcare setting
- Involvement of family, as part of a family-centered-care approach
- Charting/documentation for massage therapy interventions using hospital based guidelines and appropriateness for Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Experience time in the hospital setting and see how the hospital based massage therapy and integrative medicine programs work within a clinical setting
- Spend specific time with key focus sessions:
- Pain management - with specific learning of assessment tools, addressing acute and chronic pain and how to treat the patient with best care providing non-pharmacological approaches to pain management per the Hospital Joint Commission (JCHAO) Guidelines
- Massage therapy research and literature - learn how to locate pediatric massage therapy based, and applicable, research studies, how to read and comprehend them, and how to perform a case study professionally
- Marketing for pediatric massage therapists – specific and focused for the purpose of promoting your professional practice to a healthcare/hospital setting, and while you are working with the healthcare team
- Clinical experience/integrative medicine team – explore the pediatric massage therapists role inside a clinical setting. Learn how to present to inter-professional teams of healthcare staff through in-service presentations on pediatric massage therapy, prepare for grand rounds with collaborating physicians and share education with parents through hospital based pediatric massage lessons for guardians
- Effective self-care - working in a hospital is very stressful. Learn new tools for self-care and recognizing when you need to take a break. Prevent compassion fatigue and burnout with tools you can use in a few minutes or longer sessions
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist – Advanced Practice Certificate – Hospital Based Massage Guide (provided in class)
- Supervised Practical Experience: In-class hands on practice
- The exam is administered and graded to ensure full understanding of the material presented, and to give participants any additional guidance prior to completing the Touch Therapy for Pediatric Palliative Care course
Post Course Requirements::
- Create a professional presentation to a healthcare team on pediatric massage therapy for application in a hospital/healthcare setting. Presentation should be created in a project-able format such as Powerpoint/Prezi, etc., as well as hard copy format
- Prepare a case-study working with a pediatric client using pediatric massage and touch therapy. Information to perform case study introduced and reviewed during course
- All required after course materials should be returned to master teacher for review within 6 months post-course completion date.
(more information provided during Course)
Provided After Course:
- After course mentoring personally provided by Tina Allen, Pediatric Massage Master Teacher
- Processing of CEH/CEU paperwork and certifications as applicable
Finally, an accredited hospital based massage certification program for healthcare professionals who wish to expand their practice by providing massage therapy and nurturing touch for hospital pediatric patients and those who recently experienced hospitalization.
The Liddle Kidz Foundation Certification course is an intense, fun and effective way to master the core skills of pediatric massage.
Founded by master teacher and philanthropist Tina Allen, the Liddle Kidz Foundation offers a new, comprehensive, research based training course and teaches students what they really need to know to provide pediatric massage inside a hospital or healthcare setting.
Any experienced professional will tell you that there is a world of difference between learning how to massage a child from a book or DVD, and knowing how to provide the best care to meet a child’s needs, however, there are few opportunities to learn the skills they really need from a working healthcare professional who has provided pediatric massage education throughout the world.
Advance your skills by becoming a Pediatric Massage Therapist (CPMT) with a Hospital Based Massage Certification.
About the Trainer
Tina Allen, Founder and Director of the Liddle Kidz Foundation, is the premier expert and authority on infant and pediatric massage therapy. She is an internationally respected lecturer, educator, and award-winning author of the best selling book "A Modern Day Guide to Massage for Children”.
Ms. Allen managed the United States first comprehensive pediatric massage program and regularly provides consultation on the development of hospital based pediatric massage programs.
Her innovative approach to children’s health has allowed her the unique opportunity to train hospital staff, healthcare professionals, collaborate on research studies and integrate pediatric massage therapy into some of the world’s leading medical institutions.
She travels 365 days a year in a tour bus with her husband and their awesome son, sharing the benefits of nurturing touch!
Read Tina Allen’s Entire Biography
Learn more about our Pediatric Massage Hospital Based Program Initiatives
Tuition & Registration
Please see our Calendar for upcoming Training Dates and Registration Information.
- Five (5) days of specialized comprehensive pediatric massage training
- In-class hands on practicum
- The Hospital Based Massage Therapy Certification Training Manual is included in your tuition
Who Should Attend
Health care professionals, professional massage therapists and pediatric hospital staff, who provide care to children with specific medical conditions which may benefit from the use of massage therapy.
Student participants complete the entire 5-day in class course session and after course requirements
Continuing Education | CEH | CEU
The Liddle Kidz Foundation has numerous massage, healthcare and professional allied healthcare approvals.
National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) | Continuing Education Approved Provider Number 450613-08
California Board of Registered Nursing | Provider Number 15018
Please visit our Continuing Education Approvals page for State, Provincial, National and International CE Approvals