Less Fussiness . . .
According to research performed by Dr. Tiffany Field at the Touch Research Institute, Infants who received massage therapy versus those who were rocked experienced:
1) greater daily weight gain;
2) more organized sleep/wake behaviors;
3) less fussiness;
4) improved sociability and soothability,
5) improved interaction behaviors; and
6) lower cortisol and norepinephrine and increased serotonin levels.
Field, T., Grizzle, N., Scafidi, F., Abrams, S., & Richardson, S., Kuhn, C. and Shanberg, S.(1996). Massage therapy for infants of depressed mothers. Infant Behavior and Development, 19, 109-114.
Tina Allen, LMT, CPMMT, CPMT, CIMT
Children are our greatest gift, treat them with extraordinary care!