Each One Counts Foundation & Liddle Kidz Foundation
The Liddle Kidz Foundation is proud to partner with Each One Counts Foundation to bring the nurturing benefits of touch to children in hospice and palliative care. Our goal is to provide education and support to those who undertake a volunteer commitment of service to the Each Counts Foundation.
Our first successful volunteer event was held at Madison Square Garden in October 2011. We are excited to have new professional volunteers using nurturing touch to comfort children in hospice and palliative care.
Volunteer service may be completed in a number of ways including; providing nurturing touch to children with life limited expectancy in hospice, healthcare and home settings, educating their families in how to provide nurturing touch or a variety of other valuable services that will bring joy and comfort to these children.
If you are a massage therapist or other healthcare provider, who is licensed to touch, and you wish to volunteer to bring nurturing care to children and their families, please contact us to learn more about becoming part of this important work.
Volunteer trainings and opportunities are provided nationwide.
“Holding a sick child’s and when they are considerable untouchable, communicates that they matter!”
About Each One Counts Foundation
The purpose of Each One Counts Foundation is to ease the physical pain and suffering of chronically and terminally ill children who are receiving palliative or hospice care.
Regardless of the condition - cystic fibrosis, cancer, neurological disorders, accidents, HIV/AIDS, etc. and because pain is not limited to one disease - the Each One Counts Foundation will care for all children who are prisoners of a chronic or terminal illness.
Children are not supposed to get sick and die, but they do. Each year in the US over 50,000 children die pain-filled deaths. They need palliative or hospice care to alleviate their pain. Less than 1% get it.
- each child counts regardless of his or her illness
- each child has the right to access various forms of care and pain relief, be it medical, psychological or therapeutic
- each child has the right to die in as much comfort and dignity as possible
- no family should be forced to suffer losing a child to a prolonged, painful death
- each donation counts and will help to alleviate a child’s pain and suffering
Each One Counts Foundation hopes to raise funds and provide grants because:
- the need is dire
- today, parents have to give up hope for a cure to get proper care for their suffering children
- current funding is on geriatric, as opposed to, pediatric palliative and hospice care.
For more information about the Each One Counts Foundation, please visit the Official Each One Counts Foundation website